Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Eat in Oakland: Abba's Hummus


Falafel sandwich

Abba's Hummus is one of those places that I frequent often, but never have reviewed. Located on Lakeshore near Mandana, Abba's Hummus is a hummus bar and New York style deli that sells classics like falafel, shawarma, and pastrami sandwiches. 

I've only ever tried the Falafel sandwich because it's that good. Every falafel sandwich starts with a few falafel balls in a fluffy pita. You can then put in whatever fillings you want; some of the options include hummus and baba ganoush, beet salad, Moroccan eggplant salad, tabouli, and pickled vegetables. It is a Mediterranean food lover's dream menu. Since my sandwich is often stuffed to the brim, it makes a filling lunch, perfect for a day by the lake or at their parklet out front. 

I'm so glad there's an incredible falafel option in Oakland, so I don't need to trek out to Truly Mediterranean, my favorite spot in the San Francisco Mission district. Next time, I will also get the falafel.

Abba's Hummus
3419 Lakeshore Ave, Oakland, CA 94610
Open: Monday - Wednesday 9am - 6pm, Thursday & Sunday 9am - 7pm, Friday 9am - 3pm

Check out more posts from Oakland.

Follow: Subscribe Bloglovin' | Facebook | InstagramPinterest | Twitter


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...