Friday, October 6, 2023

Eat in San Francisco: The Snug


Spicy Fried Chicken Sandwich made with buttermilk fried chicken, pickles, habanero aioli slaw, and a sesame seed bun


Wagyu Double Smash Cheeseburger made with wagyu beef patties, American cheese, dijonaise, arugula, and a challah bun, with a side of tater tots


The Aviation and an Aperol Spritz

My dining companion and I visited The Snug, a cocktail bar with a decent food menu on Fillmore and Clay in Lower Pacific Heights, in mid August. I had not heard of this place before, but was excited to visit after receiving a gift card from a friend and seeing their outside seating.

We ordered a couple of cocktails and two entrees for dinner. I had the Aviation, while my dining companion had an Aperol Spritz, both of which we enjoyed. I tried the Spicy Fried Chicken Sandwich made with buttermilk fried chicken, pickles, habanero aioli slaw, and a sesame seed bun, while he had the Wagyu Double Smash Cheeseburger made with wagyu beef patties, American cheese, dijonaise, arugula, and a challah bun, with a side of tater tots. Although I don't remember the specifics, I believe we liked these as well. (Since it was a bit late when we ate, the photos don't do the place justice.)

We thought the service was great, given the extra complexity of using a gift card with a QR code menu. I do wish we received table service because their drink menu is expansive and it would be nice to ask servers for their recommendations. C'est la pandemic...

The Snug
2301 Fillmore St., San Francisco, CA 94115
Open: Tuesday - Thursday 12 - 10pm, Friday - Saturday 12pm - 12am

Check out more posts from San Francisco.

Follow: Subscribe Bloglovin' | Facebook | InstagramPinterest | Twitter


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...