Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Eat in Berkeley: Guerilla Cafe


Smoked Salmon and Eggs made with two organic poached eggs, smoked salmon, cucumbers, capers, and crème fraîche




Eggs Mediterranean made with two organic poached eggs, tomato, cucumbers, feta, and olives


Latte

I'm not sure why it took me so long but I finally visited Guerilla Cafe for breakfast this past weekend. Located in North Berkeley's Gourmet Ghetto on Shattuck between Lincoln and Cedar, this adorable self-described art cafe serves a breakfast selection of mostly toast, poached eggs, waffles, and polenta.

When we visited, I tried the Smoked Salmon and Eggs plate made with two organic poached eggs, smoked salmon, cucumbers, capers, and crème fraîche. My dining companion had the Eggs Mediterranean made with two organic poached eggs, tomato, cucumbers, feta, and olives. We ordered two perfectly prepared lattes with our meals. My dish was very good. I layered my toast with the sliced poached egg, smoked salmon, a few capers, cucumber slices, and some crème fraîche. It was a healthy yet filling breakfast I wouldn't mind repeating.

Guerilla Cafe is also known for their adorable interior reminiscent of a funky diner you might find in Portland or Seattle. They have a diner counter, beautiful wood tables, and art pieces displayed throughout. The clientele dresses the part.

If you've visited Guerilla Cafe recently, what did you try?

Guerilla Cafe
Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Yelp
1620 Shattuck Ave., Berkeley, CA 94709
Open: Monday 7 - 2, Tuesday - Friday 7 - 4:30, Saturday - Sunday 8 - 4:30

Check out more posts from Berkeley.

Follow: Subscribe Bloglovin' | Facebook | InstagramPinterest | Tumblr | Twitter


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...