Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Eat in Oakland: Kitchen Story


Kurry Up: Korean curry, vegetables, fried chicken, and a boiled egg


Soft Tofu Soup made with pork and mixed vegetables



Last week I visited Kitchen Story, a popular restaurant located on College Avenue and Kales Avenue in Rockridge, for the second time. Although I've only been twice, I'm a big fan of how they're refining classic Asian dishes with a Californian twist.

I ordered the Soft Tofu Soup, which reminded me of the tofu houses we used to visit in Koreatown in Los Angeles. The soup had a dynamic flavor, fresh ingredients, and paired well with the rice, making it a truly memorable dish. I also tried a bit of the Kurry Up, which was made with Korean curry, vegetables, fried chicken, and a boiled egg. The curry reminded me of a spicier Japanese curry and was also a hit with my dining companion.

If you've visited Kitchen Story, what do you recommend trying?

Kitchen Story
5422 College Ave., Oakland, CA 94618
Open: Monday - Friday 9am - 2:30pm & 5 - 9pm, Saturday - Sunday 9am - 3pm & 5 - 9pm

Check out more posts from Oakland.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...