Monday, October 30, 2023

Eat in Honolulu: Island Vintage Shave Ice


Tropical Island shave ice made with mango, pineapple, soft ice cream, and popping boba

Since eating shave ice is required on any trip to Hawaii, my dining companion and I stopped by Island Vintage Shave Ice, a shave ice shop on Kalakaua and Paokalani in Waikiki, on our trip in late September. I've only ever had this dessert a couple times and I remember being impressed with how a mountain of ice could be decorated in such a way that it was as creamy as ice cream.

We tried the Tropical Island shave ice made with mango, pineapple, soft ice cream, and popping boba. It was quite a treat: I liked the mango flavor as well as the texture of the popping boba and what I believe were the soft, doughy bits of ice cream. 

I'm now wondering why we didn't each get our own...

Island Vintage Shave Ice
2552 Kalakaua Ave., Unit K100D & K100E, Honolulu, HI 96815
Open: Daily 7am - 10pm

Check out more posts from Honolulu.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...