Friday, December 8, 2023

Eat in San Francisco: Gambit Lounge


Left: Espresso Martini made with vodka, cold brew coffee, coffee liqueur, and vanilla
Right: Sazerac made with rye, sugar, bitters, and absinthe rinse

I visited Gambit Lounge, a cocktail bar on Hayes and Laguna in Hayes Valley, for the first time in early October. I had previously seen their sign advertising an $8 Espresso Martini for happy hour, an intriguing offer for an upscale neighborhood. 

During our visit, I ordered one, while my dining companion got a Sazerac. The Espresso Martini was made with vodka, cold brew coffee, coffee liqueur, and vanilla and it was quite a treat. Although it was very well-priced for the city, it was expertly crafted. The Sazerac was made with rye, sugar, bitters, and absinthe rinse and he enjoyed it as well.

I would definitely stop by Gambit Lounge the next time I'm in the area during happy hour looking for excellent drinks and great service.

Gambit Lounge
581 Hayes St., San Francisco, CA 94102
Open: Tuesday - Thursday 5 - 11pm, Friday - Saturday 4pm - 1am

Check out more posts from San Francisco.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...