Monday, June 23, 2014

Eat in Los Angeles: Forage


Roasted Salmon Bowl with brown rice, pickled scarlet turnips, and garlic kale






Grilled Niman Ranch Short Rib Bowl with Calrose rice, cucumber kimchi, garlic kale, and a poached egg





If you've been following me on social media, you know that I recently spent a couple weeks in my homeland of Los Angeles. While there, I did a lot of exploring (mostly through my stomach) with mixed results. Fortunately, Forage was one of the successes.

This New American restaurant is located on W. Sunset in Silver Lake. It's got that hipster-chic vibe I look for in an eatery and could be transplanted to Valencia St. in San Francisco seamlessly. In other words, it's right up my alley.

In the mood for some Korean BBQ, I ordered the Grilled Niman Ranch Short Rib Bowl that came with Calrose rice, cucumber kimchi, garlic kale, and a poached egg. In short, it was delicious and filling. The beef, kimchi, and kale were perfectly cooked and seasoned, and the poached egg provided the extra ooey-gooey-ness I like. My mom ordered the Roasted Salmon Bowl, which I can confirm was equally satisfying. 

I would definitely return to Forage the next time I'm in Silver Lake. I would even make a day out of it: lunch at Forage, a walk around the reservoir, and then a mocha for dessert at Intelligentsia.

Looking for more photos of Forage? Here ya go.

Forage
3823 W. Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90026
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday 11:30 - 3, Saturday 11 - 4
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday 5:30 - 9:30

Check out more posts from Los Angeles.

Follow Work It, Berk:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...