Monday, June 7, 2021

Eat in Oakland: Ming's Tasty Restaurant


Pan Fried Turnip Cake


Stuffed Eggplant on Iron Plate


Left: Rice Noodle Roll with Beef Cilantro
Right: Steamed BBQ Pork Buns


Left: Shanghai Dumplings
Right: Spareribs in Black Bean Sauce

I satisfied my forever craving for dim sum last weekend when I stopped by Ming's Tasty Restaurant for the first time, after seeing it on my friend Anisa's Instagram. This hole-in-the-wall is located in Oakland Chinatown on Webster and 10th, across the street from another favorite, Shandong.

My dining companion and I tried a few dishes: the perfectly cooked Pan Fried Turnip Cake, creamy Stuffed Eggplant sizzling on an iron plate, a Rice Noodle Roll stuffed with Beef Cilantro, the favorite Steamed BBQ Pork Buns, savory Shanghai Dumplings, and deliciously fatty Spareribs in Black Bean Sauce. Everything had a great flavor and was clearly made by experts.

Next time I might try a few more of the rice noodle rolls or an Egg Custard. If you've visited Ming's Tasty Restaurant, what do you recommend trying?

Ming's Tasty Restaurant
940 Webster St., Oakland, CA 94607
Open: Thursday - Tuesday 9am - 6pm

Check out more posts from Oakland.

Follow: Subscribe Bloglovin' | Facebook | InstagramPinterest | Twitter


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...