Thursday, July 23, 2015

Coffee in Portland: Stumptown Coffee Roasters


Latte (8 oz.)



I've been obsessed with Stumptown Coffee Roasters ever since I tried a cappuccino made with their distinct blend at Alfred Coffee & Kitchen in Los Angeles last year. Given that Stumptown is based in Portland ("Stumptown" is a nickname for the city after all), I made sure to stop by while in town. I ordered a latte at their downtown location on SW 3rd Avenue, just a stone's throw away from Voodoo Doughnut. The latte had the bold flavor they're known for and was prepared perfectly.

The atmosphere of this store is similar to the hip coffee shops that line Valencia in San Francisco's Mission District (see exhibits A and B). Stumptown has a sleek wood interior, neon sign over an exposed brick wall, long bar down the length of the store where customers pick their poison, and trendy twenty-somethings behind the counter. Their prices are reasonable for such high quality: my 8 oz. latte was about $3 to its $4 Bay Area counterpart. If I lived in Portland, I would probably go out of my way to get my hands on a cup of Stumptown coffee daily. Although they haven't established a location in San Francisco yet, they do have a spot in the Arts District in Downtown Los Angeles. Road trip?

If you've visited Stumptown Coffee Roasters, what do you recommend trying?

Stumptown Coffee Roasters
128 SW 3rd Ave., Portland, OR 97204
Open: Monday - Friday 6am - 7pm, Saturday - Sunday 7am - 7pm

Check out more posts from Portland.

Follow Work It, Berk:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...